Health & Safety Consultant
Mitchell Winter has been head of practice at Winter & Company Health & Safety since its inception in December 1998.
Winter & Company are a leading Consultancy within the UK having one of the most sought after commercial Client Portfolios including many blue chip and Public Companies, ranging from Media to IT and Legal to Insurance.
The Practise also acts and advises on behalf of various Home Office Departments, Barristers Chambers and many other professions including Architects & Property Management Surveyors.
Our motto is: “The quality of the relationship is perhaps the only source of competitive advantage that ultimately cannot be copied… “We do not fear competition” The best Service and the highest standard of documentation is our sustained standard.”
Mitchell’s prime area of specialisation is in establishing a positive Health & Safety culture within predominantly office, warehouse, retail and hotel environments and to further ensuring compliance to all statutory Instruments and Insurers requirements, including putting in to place the following Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Safe System of work in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
- General, Lone Workers, Expectant Mothers and Young Persons at Work Risk Assessment in accordance with the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations as amended 1999.
- Fire Risk Assessment in accordance with the Regulatory Reform (fire) Safety Order 2005.
- Workstation Risk Assessment in accordance with the Health & Safety Display Screen Equipment Regulations 1992.
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment in accordance with the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
- Personal Protective Equipment Risk assessment in accordance with the Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992.
- Establishing a healthy and clean, slip and trip free working environment in accordance with the Workplace (Health & Safety Welfare) Regulations 1992.
- Encapsulating within the Safe System of Work, compliance to and with the requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Ensuring Contractor compliance in respect of vicarious liability on the part of the client so as to ensure suitable and sufficient Method of Work Statements and Risk Assessments are in place so as to ensure a Contractors Safe System of Work.